Latest Residential Mortgage Offers:
£250 Cashback - 2 Year Fixed Rate
- Initial Rate - 1.21% APR
- 60% Loan To Value (LTV)
- 2 Year Fixed
Overall cost for comparison 3.8% APRC
Call RBS FREE on 0800 096 7447
Request a Callback From Royal Bank of Scotland at a time that suits you!
£250 Cashback - 5 Year Fixed Rate
- Initial Rate - 1.55% APR
- 60% Loan To Value (LTV)
- 5 Year Fixed
Overall cost for comparison 3.3% APRC
Call NatWest FREE on 0800 158 2934
Request a Callback From NatWest at a time that suits you!
Buy To Let Mortgage Offers:
Market Leading 5 Year Fixed Rate - £500 Cashback
60% Loan To Value
Post Office are offering a market leading:
- 5 year fixed interest only buy to let rate of 1.88% (4.0% APRC) at 60% loan to value (LTV)
- Plus £500 CASHBACK!
- Interest Only Option
Call Post Office FREE on 0808 178 6813
Go to the Post Office website for more details
How To Get A 100K Mortgage?
In recent years the options open to you if you are looking for a £100,000 mortgage have increased.
While many lenders will offer a mortgage with a 5% deposit some now provide options where you can use equity in a close family members house to help you get on the property ladder.
Things to be mindful of include:
- Lenders are keen understandably to ensure at the end of the mortgage term the loan will be repaid. Criteria for lenders will vary but all will want to understand how you intend to pay off the mortgage at the end of the term. If you opt for a repayment mortgage, your monthly repayment will include a portion of capital repayment. With an interest only mortgage you will need to have an alternative repayment strategy.
- A repayment vehicle strategy will be required. Some lenders will accept sale of property as a way of paying off the debt. Some will want to see a saving plan such as regular investment into ISAs or investment vehicle. Where sale of property is not acceptable to lenders, they will often want to see statements of your investments as evidence that a repayment vehicle is in place.
- Lenders will want to ensure your income supports the mortgage repayments. Most lenders work on an income multiple basis (typically up to 4.5 times annual salary)
- Previous credit history - If you have had credit blips in the past this may effect the rate of interest offered to you.
FREE Valuation Offer - Post Office offer a great range of interest only mortgage offers - Click here
A key consideration for lenders is affordability when they lend. In assessing whether an interest only mortgage is right for you income criteria will come into play.
For example for a £100k mortgage, a lender typically would need to see a minimum household income between £20,000 to £30,000. Some lenders offer higher income multiple mortgages for professionals e.g. doctors or lawyers.
This criteria will vary so if you are unsure speak to a broker such as ourselves will help you get the right deal for your circumstances.
Borrowing in retirement
Free up funds from your home so you can live the life you want to.
Post Office through their Retirement Link Mortgage » provide an interest only mortgage option which allows you to borrow on an interest only basis up to age 80.
This could be right for you if you are looking for a good alternative to equity release or you are looking to home improvements or raise funds for something special e.g. a child's wedding or first home deposit.
You can borrow up to 30% of the value of your property and your property must be worth at least £250,000 to qualify. Click here for more details »>
5 year fixed rate interest only mortgage with no product fee
Post Office is offering a great deal on their 5 year fixed rate interest only mortgage with no product fee.
They also offer a great 3 year interest only fixed rate deal. Call Post Office on 0808 178 6813 or click here to find out how much you could borrow »